For a beginner when you are designing your webpage for a startup or to launch a new product designed by you, the first thing that you need to do is to make your website and promote the same.
For doing that you have various types of companies like choose the best WordPress hosting offering you are a space in their servers to launch your website among hundreds and thousands of such other customers who are also a client to the same company.
There are many kinds of Server sharing systems, and generally, it is seen that all the companies in the same business have similar servers proving customers access and allowing them to use their server.
On the type and amount of space shared, there is the following kind of categories:
- Shared Hosting
- VPS Hosting
- Dedicated Hosting
- Cloud Hosting
In this article, the main topic of discussion is mainly the first two.
So what is Shared Hosting?
- Shared Hosting is basically the space that is allotted for the user to use while haring the space with other users.
- The server has no such specific boundary for different users, but all the users under Shared hosting share the same space but limiting each user with limited server space.
- The problem of shared hosting is that the performance of one will also affect the others present for example if some virus has entered someone’s system, it will also disturb other systems too.
What is VPS Hosting?
- VPS hosting is having much more dedicated space in the server.
- In case of VPS, you will be able to use more disk space and more runtime support, which was not in the case of the shared hosting.
- In VPS hosting you will be able to promote your websites even if your programmed webpage has more traffic requirement which was initially unavailable in the Shared Hosting System.